To Our Food Bank Clients
The next Distribution of Hampers will look quite a bit different from what you are used to. In light of the current Covid-19 situation, we are implementing a few changes immediately.
Please note the following Guide Lines in place until further notice:
- There will be no access to the pantry. Food Hampers will be brought to you outside.
- Please use Bathroom Facilities Prior to Pick Up.
- Please respect a 6 foot zone around our volunteers and clients of the Food Bank.
- Line ups will be outside in the parking lot for Hamper pick up. A volunteer will check off your name and your hamper will be brought to you.
- If you know of anyone that uses the Food Bank but do not have social media, please let them know that will be changes and to be patient with our volunteers and clients.
- Line ups will begin at 5:45pm for 6 pm pick-ups. Pick up times are between 6-7:30pm at the side door marked Helping Hands Pantry.
- There will be no inside registrations. Please apply for your hampers online or by phone.
- Please refer to the following website for more information regarding Covid-19.
Thank you for your continued Support and Understanding. Be Safe and God Bless.
The Board of Niverville Helping Hands
Pick up times are between 6-7:30pm at the side door marked Helping Hands Pantry on Pick-Up Days
A giant shout out to our Volunteers who worked tirelessly for weeks to put out Christmas Hampers this year. We were blessed with an abundance of community support and as a result we were able to assist 59 families in our community with Christmas Cheer. Without each and every one of you this would not have been possible wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Planning for Niverville Helping Hands Ministry’s 2019 Christmas Drive is underway. Stay tuned, information will be announced November 12, including how you can request a hamper or sponsor one for a family in need. Niverville Helping Hands is pleased to announce the appointment of Sandra Trinkies, Christmas Drive coordinator
Upcoming 2020 hamper dates:
Please ensure that requests are submitted on the Monday prior to Hamper date, before 8 pm! A reminder that pick up is between Pick up times are between 6-7:30pm at the side door marked Helping Hands Pantry of Niverville Community Fellowship Church.
For New Bothwell residents hampers can be picked up in the parking lot at Bothwell Community Fellowship on Hamper days between 6 and 8 pm.
Niverville Helping Hands is pleased to welcome our incoming Volunteer Program Coordinator, Lillis Corriveau. Lillis officially begins her term in January 2020, and will be working with our team in the coming months to become familiar with her role.”
Fall Food Drive
Due to the community's tremendous generosity during our Spring Food Drive, and in donations for the Farm Credit Corporation at the schools, Niverville Helping Hands will not be having a fall food drive this year.
Our volunteer staff will be focusing their attention on planning for our annual Christmas drive, which will launch in a few weeks, and will hope for and appreciate the community’s support for the upcoming holiday season!
If you have food you wish to donate, there is a box in the Bigway entrance. Our volunteers will be checking regularly to collect donations that are graciously left for us there!
Hamper requests should be made by 8:00pm the Monday before each hamper day to ensure that supplies are available. A huge thank you to our team of volunteers who consistently donate their time and talent to run our operation smoothly!
If you prefer to leave a voicemail to request a hamper instead, you may still contact us at: (204) 392.5699
Exciting news for Niverville Credit Union Members!
You can now make your potential income tax-deductible donation of $20 or more by adding Niverville Helping Hands as a bill payee for online or mobile banking, or at a branch! Please contact Rosemary Johnston by phone at (204) 371-2665 or email to obtain a registration form.